Release notes for PyTables 3.3 series¶
Changes from 184.108.40.206 to 3.3.0¶
- Single codebase Python 2 and 3 support (PR #493).
- Internal Blosc version updated to 1.11.1 (closes gh-541)
- Full BitShuffle support for new Blosc versions (>= 1.8).
- It is now possible to remove all rows from a table.
- It is now possible to read reference types by dereferencing them as numpy array of objects (closes gh-518 and gh-519). Thanks to Ehsan Azar
- Get rid of the -native compile flag (closes gh-503)
- The default number of threads to run numexpr (MAX_NUMEXPR_THREADS) internally has been raised from 2 to 4. This is because we are in 2016 and 4 core configurations are becoming common.
- In order to avoid locking issues when using PyTables concurrently in several process, MAX_BLOSC_THREADS has been set to 1 by default. If you are running PyTables in one single process, you may want to experiment if higher values (like 2 or 4) bring better performance for you.