Release notes for PyTables 3.4 series¶
Changes from 3.4.3 to 3.4.4¶
- Environment variable to control the use of embedded libraries. Thanks to avalentino.
- Include citation in repository. gh-690. Thanks to katrinleinweber.
Changes from 3.4.2 to 3.4.3¶
- On interactive python sessions, group/attribute __dir__() method autocompletes children that are named as valid python identifiers. gh-624 & gh-625 thanks to ankostis.
- Implement Group.__getitem__() to have groups act as python-containers, so code like this works:
hfile.root['some child']. gh-628 thanks to ankostis.
- Enable building with Intel compiler (icc/icpc). Thanks to rohit-jamuar.
- PEP 519 support, using new os.fspath method. Thanks to mruffalo.
- Optional disable recording of ctime (metadata creation time) when creating datasets that makes possible to get bitwise identical output from repeated runs. Thanks to alex-cobb.
- Prevent from reading all rows for each coord in a VLArray when indexing using a list . Thanks to igormq.
- Internal Blosc version updated to 1.14.3
- Fixed division by zero when using _convert_time64() with an empty nparr array. gh-653. Thanks to alobbs.
- Fixed deprecation warnings with numpy 1.14. Thanks to oleksandr-pavlyk.
- Skip DLL check when running from a frozen app. gh-675. Thanks to jwiggins.
- Fixed behaviour with slices out of range. gh-651. Thanks to jackdbd.
Changes from 3.4.1 to 3.4.2¶
- setup.py detects conda env and uses installed conda (hdf5, bzip2, lzo and/or blosc) packages when building from source.
Changes from 3.3.0 to 3.4.0¶
- Support for HDF5 v1.10.x (see gh-582)
- Fix compatibility with the upcoming Python 2.7.13, 3.5.3 and 3.6 versions. See also gh-590. Thanks to Yaroslav Halchenko
- Internal Blosc version updated to 1.11.3
- Gracefully handle cpuinfo failure. (PR #578) Thanks to Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
- Update internal py-cpuinfo to 3.3.0. Thanks to Gustavo Serra Scalet.
- Fix conversion of python 2 long type to six.integer_types in atom.py. See also gh-598. Thanks to Kyle Keppler for reporting.
- Fix important bug in bitshuffle filter in internal Blosc on big-endian machines. See also gh-583.
- Fix allow for long type in nextafter. (PR #587) Thanks to Yaroslav Halchenko.
- Fix unicode bug in group and tables names. gh-514